Atlas Model Railroad Co. 50' Plug-Door Boxcar - Ready to Run - Master(R) -PRE ORDER-
Shipping calculated at checkout.
A joint effort from General American and Evans Products, these AAR class bunkerless refrigerator cars were produced beginning in the early 1950s. Featuring two large horizontal panels flanking a 7’7” door, these cars had a very unique appearance due to the horizontal rivet strip that joined the panels. With fewer seams than a standard box car, these cars were supposed to be less prone to rust and leakage. By 1959, over 1,000 of these boxcars were produced.
- Highly detailed, ready-to-run model with accurate painting and printing
- Late improved Dreadnaught ends
- Overhanging diagonal panel roof with or without roofwalk as per the prototype
- Straight-side sill body design
- 8/8 panel, riveted sides
- Highly detailed underframe
- Separately-applied ladders, grab irons and latch bars
- Blackened metal wheels
- AccuMate® couplers
AccuMate® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.