Lionel 4-6-0 Camelback - 3-Rail - Legacy Sound & Control
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Called Camelbacks, Mother Hubbards and certainly quite a few words we can't print here by the men who ran them, the Camelbacks were a distinctive variation of steam locomotives common to the Anthracite Region. A large firebox was needed for burning the hard coal, and this necessitated separating the engineer and firemen - neither of whom had the most safe or comfortable of workspaces. Although many railroads moved away from this design for safety and efficiency as locomotives grew larger, some camelbacks stayed in service right up to the last days of steam. Lionel's LEGACY Camelback offers a unique locomotive loaded with LEGACY features in a size and price that will fit smaller layouts. In addition to a festive Christmas version, much of this year's run comes decorated in earlier 20th Century era liveries which were often a little more dressed than the locomotives looked in later years. All part of the charm of these interesting machines.
- LEGACY® Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY® Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Bluetooth® Control - Operate with Universal Remote or LionChief® App
- Lionel Voice Control (LVC) - run your locomotive by speaking commands into your phone via LionChief® App
- Odyssey® II Speed Control
- IR Transmitter that works with LCS SensorTrack™
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether™ connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler™ on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Bicolor illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive where applicable. Using a Legacy controller, change the color of the classification lights between white or green
- Traction tires
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plate
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Cab "glass" windows
- Engineer and fireman figures LEGACY® RailSounds® sound system featuring:
- CrewTalk™ dialog with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- TrainSounds that mimic operating dialog when the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
- DynaChuff™ synchronized with 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed
- LEGACY® "Real-Time Quilling Whistle" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals - 5 different whistles to choose from for a more customized experience.
- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds - 5 levels of bell pitching for customized sounds
- Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
- Current speed and fuel dialog, coal or oil loading sound effects
- Min Curve: O31
- Dimensions: Length: 17 1/2"
ARRIVING JANUARY 2024
ALL PRE ORDERS ARE 100% GUARANTEED!