WalthersMainline 85' Horizon Fleet Coach - Ready to Run
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Amtrak(R) Phase VI (Travelmark)
Upgrade Amtrak and commuter service in minutes with WalthersMainline Horizon Fleet Cars! Based on later modifications of a design first introduced in the 1970s, Amtrak purchased 86 coaches (and 18 Food Service Cars) in 1989 - 1990 for use on inter-city runs, where they can still be found today. Nicely detailed, affordably priced and ready for service right out of the box, Walthers delivers additional updates that include:
- NEW - Revised body with molded drill starter points for grab irons - easily added with Horizon Fleet Car Detail Kit (910-202, sold separately)
- NEW - Mounting points for Horizon Fleet Car Interior Lighting Kit (910-221, sold separately)
- NEW - Interior seats
- NEW - Factory-installed diaphragms
- NEW - Modeler-installed close-coupling drawbars for larger radius curves
- NEW - Improved underbody with center sill cross brace details, and hidden mounts for electrical pickups included with Horizon Fleet Lighting Kit (910-221, sold separately)
Standard features include:
- Limited edition - one time run of these schemes!
- Factory-installed diaphragms
- Drawbars for 22" or larger radius curves
- Improved underbody details
- Prototypes in Amtrak(R) and regional commuter service
- Tinted windows
- Authentic paint and lettering schemes
- Correct GSI roller bearing trucks with 36" turned metal RP-25 wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.