WalthersMainline 85' Horizon Fleet Coach - Ready to Run Amtrak(R) (Phase IV, silver, wide blue, thin red and white stripes)
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Amtrak(R) (Phase IV, silver, wide blue, thin red and white stripes)
Upgrade Amtrak and commuter service in minutes with WalthersMainline Horizon Fleet Cars! Based on later modifications of a design first introduced in the 1970s, Amtrak purchased 86 coaches (and 18 Food Service Cars) in 1989 - 1990 for use on inter-city runs, where they can still be found today. Nicely detailed, affordably priced and ready for service right out of the box, Walthers delivers additional updates that include:
- NEW - Revised body with molded drill starter points for grab irons - easily added with Horizon Fleet Car Detail Kit (910-202, sold separately)
- NEW - Mounting points for Horizon Fleet Car Interior Lighting Kit (910-221, sold separately)
- NEW - Interior seats
- NEW - Factory-installed diaphragms
- NEW - Modeler-installed close-coupling drawbars for larger radius curves
- NEW - Improved underbody with center sill cross brace details, and hidden mounts for electrical pickups included with Horizon Fleet Lighting Kit (910-221, sold separately)
Standard features include:
- Limited edition - one time run of these schemes!
- Factory-installed diaphragms
- Drawbars for 22" or larger radius curves
- Improved underbody details
- Prototypes in Amtrak(R) and regional commuter service
- Tinted windows
- Authentic paint and lettering schemes
- Correct GSI roller bearing trucks with 36" turned metal RP-25 wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.