WalthersMainline BNSF EMD SD60M with 3-Piece Windshield - DCC READY
Burlington Northern Santa Fe
Revolutionize freight service with WalthersMainline SD60 diesels. Based on mid-production EMD units built with safety cabs fitted with a three-piece windshield and designated as SD60M for modified, these heavy-haulers are still going strong for many original owners and shortlines. Ready for service on your railroad, check out the many features including: Limited edition - one time run of these roadnumbers!
- Prototypes in service 1989 to the present in main line and regional service
- Mid-production safety cab with three-piece windshield
- Open grating on steps
- Available with ESU Sound & DCC for DCC & DC layouts featuring:
- 4 Function outputs with brightness control by CV
- Fully DCC Compatible
- 14, 28, 128 Speedsteps
- Dual Mode DC/DCC
- 4 Air Horns changeable by CVs
- 2 Bells Changeable by CVs
- Full 8 Notch Prime Mover Sounds
- Dynamic Brake
- Multiple realistic lighting effects
- 21-pin DCC plug
- Same powerful drive as WalthersProto(R) locos featuring:
- 5-pole skew-wound motor
- 14:1 gear ratio
- Helical-cut gears for quiet operation and easy multiple unit operation
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Dual machined brass flywheels
- Heavy die-cast metal chassis
- Constant & directional LED headlights
- Updated shell with molded drill starter points for grab irons in EMD SD60M Diesel Detail Kit (#910-257) sold separately
- RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- PLEASE NOTE: When operating Walthers-branded DCC-equipped locomotives in DC mode, do not use power packs that exceed an 18V rating. This includes MRC 1300-series power packs which have known issues with our decoders.
DUE TO ARRIVE SUMMER 2023, THIS IS A PRE ORDER ITEM.
PLEASE SEE MENU FOR DIFFERENT NUMBERS.