WalthersMainline GE Dash 8-40B - Standard DC
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Power your priority HO freight behind these WalthersMainline(R) General Electric 8-40B diesels! Introduced in 1988 with some still in service today, these 4,000-horspower Dash Eight units as they were known, began their long careers in fast freight service. Fully assembled and nicely detailed, features of these engines include:
- One time run of these roadnumbers, order now - limited quantity available!
- Prototypes in service 1988 to present
- 21-pin DCC plug
- Standard cab
- Molded starter points for grab irons (sold separately)
- Same rugged drive as WalthersProto(R) locos
- All-wheel drive and electrical pickup
- Dual machined brass flywheels
- Heavy die cast chassis
- Constant and directional LED lights
- Correct size RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
Arriving Summer 2024
Please see below menu for road number options.